|By comming together as an association we would like to develope a strong voice to articulate our ideas such that wecan play an active role in shaping the present and the future of our health system.
UNAMHE ought to grow into a respectable proffessional body whose views will play a part in matters such as the following.
- Certification of Biomedical Engineering training in the country by the ministries of health and education.
- Medical devices regulation: UNAMHE could be called upon say by the National Advisory Committee on Medical Equipment (NACME) and National Drug Authority (NDA) to provide expertise where need be.
- Accreditation of practicing engineers, technicians and artisans to guard the general public against quack servicemen who may not only tarnish the image of proffession but may also put the the lives of Ugandans in danger because of their shoddy works.
- This can be achieved in collaboration with organisations like the Allied Health Practitioners Council, the Uganda Institute of Proffessional Engineers (UIPE) and the Engineers Regestration Board (ERB).
Other Aspects of HealthCare Technology Management.
- Because the association has been inactive for a very long time, even for the old members there was no person whose annual subscription was up to date and fully paid up.
- All those interested are called upon to regester and even old members.